1. Sign up to our newsletter here
2. Once registered, we will send you a link to browse our our talented makers, suppliers and small businesses who are offering exclusive discounts for The Handmade Festival customers.
3. Buy directly through their website and enter the discount code we have sent you.
4. The discount codes will be valid from 11th-13th September 2020 only.
5. Get shopping and support small.
1. Browse our timetable and book tickets for any sessions you would like to join over the weekend.
2. Your confirmation email from our ticket partner Eventbrite will have a link to your bespoke The Handmade Festival Online event page with details of all the sessions you have booked.
3. Make sure you have all the materials ready in advance of the session.
4. Your Zoom link will appear on the online event page the day before. Click the link just before your session starts
Top Tips on how to make the most of your session
If you are taking part in a workshop, make sure you have the materials and equipment in front of you ready to go before the session starts.
Settle down in a quiet spot with your device plugged in. We don't want you to miss something because your battery dies!
It's fine to craft in your PJs!
We understand that some of you might want to stay invisible in the sessions - that's OK. We won't turn your camera on unless you want us to. Feel free to be as involved as you like!
Use the Q&A function to ask the experts any questions throughout the session- we might even ask you up on the virtual stage to ask them in person!
You can join all our sessions from a smart phone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer. The following browsers will work best: Google Chrome/Firefox/Safari (Mac)
If you would like to interact with the expert, headphones with an inline microphone will provide less background nose.
A bad connection can cause dropped calls, blocky or frozen video, and poor sound. If your connection is poor:
- try turning your video off so you are using audio only
- Use a wired internet connection or move closer to your router
- Close any applications on your device or in your home that could be competing for bandwidth like audio or video streaming services, or other open browsers.
Please do let us know if you have any problems during the session.